Workshop Day: Tuesday, August 24 2021
WORKSHOP A: Utilizing Animal Models & Their Translational Value
Across the drug development landscape, translating animal models for human clinical trials brings a host of challenges. Effectively translating biomarkers from preclinical to clinical development is vital in ensuring and monitoring therapeutic success. This workshop will dive into:
- Whether there are certain types of biomarkers in animal models that show good translational opportunities and support in understanding mechanisms of AD.
- What types of biomarkers in the animal models are suited to and are there certain types of biomarkers that animal models should be related?
- How to use an animal model for biomarker development and its specific types.
- What are “good” translational models
- Multi-dimensional characterization of animal models
- Sophisticated translational work moving up through mouse models for AD
Director & Head of Disease Biology